Please read the following before submitting your application.
Law Offices of Cheryl David is offering the Law Offices of Cheryl David North Carolina Preserving Your Legacy Scholarship. It is awarded through a competition sponsored by Law Offices of Cheryl David (“Sponsor”) and administered by GNGF, LLC, for the purpose of granting easier access to education.
These Terms & Conditions explain how the Competition works. Please read the Terms carefully so that you understand all the requirements and conditions for participating.
- Entry Period. The Competition ends April 30th at 11:59 p.m. ET, 2021.
- Eligibility. The Competition is open to any North Carolina student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in North Carolina who is enrolled in an institution in the United States for the upcoming 2020-21. Employees of Sponsor and GNGF, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Competition. No minimum GPA is required.
- How to Enter. Create a short video and upload it to YouTube, then write a supporting essay (details on these below) or complete a full essay application. Go to https://cheryldavid.com/scholarship/instructions/ during the Entry Period, where you will be asked to do the following:
- Fill out an application with your name, address, date of birth, educational background (graduation year; high school attended), and student identification number at the Qualifying Institution at which you are enrolled for 2020-21.
- Provide a link to your video and upload a supporting essay, if the video option is chosen.
- Upload your essay if the essay application is chosen.
Entries will not be returned.
- Content of Entries
Submit an essay between 500-1000 words OR complete a 3-5-minute video addressing the following prompt with a supporting essay that is less than 500 words:
“At Law Offices of Cheryl David, we focus on preserving life legacies. Imagine it is 60 years from now and you are looking back at your life and your legacy. What does that look like? What did you do with your life? Did you solve any problems or make a change? What is one lesson you hope you taught people during your lifetime?”
The applications can be serious, funny, inspiring—whatever you want! Creativity is encouraged. All videos must be 3-5 minutes in length and all essays 500-1000 words. You don’t need to be a professional videographer. Film it with whatever resources you have!
For the video application, upload the video to YouTube.
The video must use the title and description format below.
Title: Law Offices of Cheryl David Preserving Your Legacy Scholarship – [YOUR NAME]
Description: This video is an application for Law Offices of Cheryl David Preserving Your Legacy Scholarship. This $1000 scholarship will be given to one high school senior in North Carolina.
Additional Requirements for Video and Essay. Both the video and the essay must be your original work and not previously published. Submissions that, in the sole discretion of GNGF, include any material that is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, disparaging of any racial, ethnic, religious, gender, sexual orientation, or any other minority group, infringing, in violation of any third party rights or any other law, illegible, or late, will be disqualified.
- Selection and Notification of Winner. All qualified submissions will be judged by GNGF and Law Offices of Cheryl David without regard to race, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited basis. The applicant whose submission bests meets the following criteria will be selected as the Scholarship Winner:
The Scholarship Winner will be chosen in May 2021 and will be notified shortly thereafter by email, using the contact information provided in the application.
- Award. The Scholarship Winner will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship, payable by check directly to the Qualifying Institution identified in the application as the school where the Scholarship Winner will be enrolled in 2020-21. If the Scholarship Winner decides to attend a Qualifying Institution other than the one so identified, he or she must notify GNGF no later than two weeks after the selection date so that the award may be sent to the correct entity.
Except where prohibited by law, before the award can be sent to the Qualifying Institution, the Scholarship Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Compliance with Official Rules, a Publicity Release, and a Release of Liability. If any potential Scholarship Winner does not meet these requirements within fourteen (14) days of notification, an alternate Scholarship Winner will be named.
- General Conditions. Any applicant suspected of tampering with or disrupting any aspect of the Competition will be disqualified. All decisions of GNGF are final. By your participation, you – and, if you are a minor, your parent or guardian – (i) agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, (ii) represent and warrant that your entry is original and not previously published, (iii) agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and GNGF, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the Competition or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Award, and (iv) grant Sponsor a sole, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable right to use your video and essay, as well as your name, likeness, voice, biographical information, and statements, for advertising and promotional purposes, in any media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as prohibited by law.
- Limitation of Liability. Sponsor and GNGF make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement with respect to the Award. Some jurisdictions may not permit limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check your local laws to determine if any of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Sponsor and GNGF are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network servers, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions whether human, mechanical, or electronic. Should Sponsor and GNGF, in their sole discretion, determine that the Competition has been compromised by virus, bugs, hackers, or other causes beyond its control, Sponsor and GNGF reserve the right to terminate the competition and choose the Scholarship Winner in a fair and reasonable manner from among all eligible entries submitted prior to termination.
- Governing Law. All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Terms & Conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. You agree that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Competition will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to Hamilton County, Ohio, and by submitting an application you consent to such jurisdiction and venue.
- Privacy. With the exception of the Winner’s name and Qualifying School, contact information collected by Sponsor and GNGF solely in connection with the Competition will not be shared with third parties.
- Winner’s List. For the name of the Scholarship Winner, write to GNGF at the address below no later than August 1, 2021.
- Sponsor and Administrator. The Sponsor of the Competition is Law Offices of Cheryl David, 528 College Road, Greensboro, NC 27410, (336) 547-9999. The administrator of the Competition is GNGF, LLC, 230 Findlay Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202, (513-244-2016).